Monday, September 19, 2011

The Cat's Out Of The Bag

Hi Everyone!

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to take it easy this week and write up a li'l blog-ette. But I have a very good reason, at least I think so.

Let's start with the low part of this week. My cat, Cricket got very sick with a blocked bladder. And it went longer than it should because we all thought he was just suffering indigestion from attacking our fern. Long story short, when I finally got him to the vet, he was not moving, gasping for breath. But our local vet works wonders and saved his life!
Poor lil' Cricket. Thank God for Ceglinki's Vet Clinic!
So we spent most of our week just sick with worry over our lil buddy. And we did not get much sleep. I know I'm biased, but he's the best cat in the world. I can't imagine life without him. But after the amazing work our vet did, we took him home Friday & he's recovering so well! Frankly, I think he is just as grateful as we are to have him home.
My lil' buddy <3
Needless to say, our dog, Katsumi, really missed her partner in crime.
You never know what kind of mischief they are up to.
So that, mixed with a rough work week... ugh, I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

But, this week had its fun moments! One of our old friends visited us during our weekend, and we had a blast! He is a jeep owner, so we took down the top & doors for "real jeeping." It was an... interesting experience. We packed up the jeep, harnessed the dog, and took off for the local national recreational area!

Katusmi LOVED Jeeping! That's the Tennessee River in the top, right corner.

We took a day hike which included a small tour of an iron furnace from the 1800's.
This is an old charcoal hearth for the furnace
We also walked around a small lake. It was nice, scenic, and a bit a of an exercise! I was just trying to move fast enough to lose the mosquitoes. But the scene was beautiful! But we were confused to find bamboo growing on the lake shore.
Fun travels in Western Kentucky!
When we were ready, we hopped back in the jeep and went home. Katsumi slept most of the way and I enjoyed the wind in my hair!
Believe me, it was not fun brushing that mess later.
The boys made burgers later, and it was a nice night at home. The next day while the husband was at work & Cricket at the vet, we went down to downtown for a few hours.

So all in all, this week had it's ups and downs. But after all that, I'm planning on taking a relaxing weekend after this blog post. I'll leave you all with this great view of Land Between The Lakes. See you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment