Sunday, August 25, 2013

Apparently I Don't Like to be Home

I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I really am sorry that there's been a lack of post here. Now there's a different reason... a few really. Frankly, I have't spent much time at home much less to write a blog that's worth your time. What have I been doing you ask? Well, here's what I've been up to...

Let's begin in mid-June. We began this summer of chaos by going to my husband's hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. There we celebrated with family and friends the union of my beautiful sister-in-law and her husband. Congratulations again to the happy couple!

Big brother & little sister!
That weekend flew by way too fast! We had such a splendid time with loved ones and enjoyed a beautiful scenery along the Ohio River.
Oh look, a duck on a dock.
Before we knew it, it was July. Well, you already know we spent the Fourth of July with my Mom...
Fourth of July with the Appels!
Then the week after that I spent some time with doctors to figure out what sort of mystery illness I contracted. It actually wasn't until August that they told me they believe I have ulcerative colitis. During that time I also lost a toenail and broke out in a kind of rash my doctor has never seen before. I'm falling apart. Needless to say, there's no need to share photos of any of that business.

By mid-July we had another a wedding to celebrate; but this time it was much farther away: South Carolina! We really pushed ourselves on this trip. We left Friday afternoon and got back Sunday night. Within 57 hours we traveled nearly 1,500 miles!
A very long, but beautiful drive.
The trip was exhausting, but well worth it! I haven't seen my Godparents in years! It meant even more to see my Mom smiling and laughing with old friends.
Wedding Stop #2
 Thankfully, we were able to squeeze in one stunning pit stop...
Down by the Sea....
We took off a weekend before heading out east again. It was an easier journey though. We had more time to go a shorter distance: near Atlanta, Georgia! It's been more than two years since I've seen my cousins. It meant the world to me to see them and new additions to the Moses family!
Sadly this is the best photo taken. We were too busy splashing around!
It wouldn't be a normal trip if we didn't stop at least one site. This time we visited the Chickamauga & Chattanooga Military Park. I'm sure it's not surprising to know that my husband & I try to make seeing Civil War sites "our thing." We are nerds to the core.
I pity anything that attempts to get in our way!
Jokes aside, I love touring these kind of sites. We always learn something new about our nation's history. It also very eerie to stand on land where thousands of men died 150 years ago. I can't help but lose myself in wondering about their lives, their families, their beliefs, etc. I can't even fathom how much has changed along with what has not.

After taking one more (and very necessary) weekend off, I prepared for my next adventure. During most of this time, I've also participated in a class that's geared to improve my skills at work. Most of it has been online, but it included a weekend trip to St. Petersburg, Florida. It was intense and inspiring all at the same time. Two lovely ladies joined me on this ride.

The three of us with our instructor, Al Tompkins

I didn't get very close to the ocean this time though...
I was able to stretch my toe into the marina
As soon as we got back I celebrated one of my best friend's birthday!
Happy Birthday, Ashley!
And finally we're here. Mid August. It's been a few crazy weeks that involve great times with loved ones and more driving than any one person should ever do. NO one should ever drive by Nashville six times within one month.

We're starting to get a little tired of seeing this view

Surprisingly, I was able to sneak in a few crafts...
Tried out a new "faux plaid" pattern
Along with some great recipes that I can wait to share with you in the next few weeks!
Easy & Delicious Shepherds pie!
I have a few more journeys coming up, but they are more spaced out in comparison. So blogs may or may not be scarce. Thank you guys for being so patient. There is one thing you can count on though: I will always make it worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment