Friday, July 1, 2011

The Green Cookout Challenge!

It's a bit late in the season, but the husband and I are about to host a cookout for our bestest of friends in Kentucky! So, as my first "green" challenge, I thought we'd try to do a green (for the environment and our wallet) cookout.

As most of us know, cookouts are not really the greenest of occasions. With that in mind, we are aiming to need only one trash bag for the entire event.

I am currently looking up (and will share) ways to ensure a green-er cookout. But keep in mind some of it is too much of a sacrifice for what we all love: good food at a good price.

How will we make it work? You'll have to tune back in Wednesday to see!

And just to help you survive until then, check out these solar power cookers from treehugger! Tell me what you think of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment