Thursday, December 29, 2011

End of One Year & Beginning of a New

Hello Blog World.

First off, I can understand if you all are upset that I never wrote out & published an article bout a DIY New Year's Eve projects. While it would of ended the Festivus season nicely, I just didn't have it in me. I even wrote 3/4ths of it, but realized I just wasn't happy with it. Add that to a stressful week and that while I'm planning to have a great party, I don't think I can hold a NYE party that's worth telling the world about.

So I hope you don't mind that I'm taking a moment to sit, think & plan for next year. There is no question that I want to provide an amazing year for Limelight Musings and the fans that read it. I even bought a planner so I can attempt to plan ahead & write great blogs that are worth your time reading. I'm already set to write about post-holiday stuff, pre-garden planning & may even do a monthly entry about a knitting project or cooking recipe.

But at the same time, I want to know want you want to read when you are here. To be honest, while I love writing little snippets every week, I always end up wondering, "does anyone care about this?" I guess I have only my job to blame. For each story in every show, we are pushed to answer "why would anyone care about this?" While some take it a step further by saying the media tell people what to think about, I'm not sure if that applies to my little blog.

Like anyone, I do love talking about myself. I always find little humor or situations in my life to be worth sharing, but I don't want a diary blog. At the same time, I can't push a new a project every week. This last month proved that.

So I guess while I look back on the great seven months we've had so far, I wonder what will push us forward in the years (hopefully) to follow. But a lot of it depends on you out there. Would you like to hear about the life of a news producer in Western Kentucky, or do you want an all project blog? Do you think anything is missing in Limelight Musings? What would you like to see here? While I [try] to write here every week, I feel a bit one-sided & miss what you all have to say about the topic. Let's make this entry a conversation about the great year to come.

To start off on a new, personal note, I wanted to list a few things I did in 2011...
- Started knitting
- Started blogging
- Got a great promotion in the job that got me to Western Kentucky
- Started some amazing friendships

...and a few things I want to do in 2012:
- Grow an herb garden
- Buy a home
- Make home-made lip balm (really excited about that)
- Quit smoking (husband & I plan on 12/21/2012, you know, after the end of the world)

So there you have it, one last blog entry before the end of this year. I plan to ring in the new year with loved ones and hope you do the same. Let's have an amazing 2012 that includes gardening, community & knitting; here's to the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment