Monday, January 2, 2012

The Days After Festivus

Well, it came & went. Festivus is over... in my mind anyway. And while I am blessed to have one last day off from work, there is plenty to do. First off, we had several lovely guests stay in our home through out the holidays. So we need to get things back in order from that.

Oh, did I mention that I hosted a fabulous New Year's Eve Party ?!
Yeah, the party turned out amazing.
It was an uneventful, but awesome party. I'm so happy to see so many people stop by & ring in the new year with us. But, needless to say there's quite a bit of post-party cleaning to do. Add that to taking down Christmas decorations, and I'm spent.

But enough of me wallowing in my mess. There are a lot of good things that come with the beginning of a new year. First off, there is post-holiday sales! Half of the New Year's Eve food was 50% during a huge day-after-Christmas sale of Holiday merchandise. Plus, I was able to purchase proper storage for our decorations along with ornaments for next year. And all of it was at least 50% off.
I love Target sales <3
So thanks to that sale, we are more prepared for next year. Which I need. Especially if I'm going to attempt to continue this... thing. I don't even know how to describe this new craft, gardening, social identity I am trying to create.

Speaking of the new storage we attained, I use the days after Festivus as an excuse to organize & clean out the house. Thanks to our family, we have some great gifts that we need to make room for. And with items like new clothes, we now have a reason to go through our closet & see what older clothes we don't wear. While I am not attempting another yard sale, we will donate whatever we find.

At least I can say with my need to purge, the husband doesn't have to worry about me becoming a hoarder...

Another perk to the days after the Holidays: I can finally get back to every-day life. Don't get me wrong. I love Festivus. But after more than a month, I am ready to get back to work & return to a "regular" schedule. I need to get back to working out, cooking & all the fun things I was able to do any day after work. It's time to get to those New Year resolutions!

So there's my first blog post of the year: fears of the mess in my house & the readiness to get back into the swing of things. That sounds about right. Plus the "How was your Holiday?" small talk is getting redundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment