Monday, January 23, 2012

Muz Love: Besties

Yes, you read that title correctly. "Bestie" is my pet name for my best friends. And friends, this week is dedicated to them.

First off I have to say, I was never really that "popular" in my hometown. I was picked on a lot as a kid, taken advantage of, and took on a lot of anger and pain. But that's for another therapy session. After a lame 18 years, I finally went off to college and caught onto that I'm a decent human being.

The funny thing is that during college, I started talking more to a friend I grew up with all this time. I guess I was just too silly to realize how special she was until after we both moved out of our parents' homes. Then when I got engaged, we grew even closer. She even turned out to be my maid of honor at the wedding.
Pre-Wedding T-Bell = "Om nom nom"
If you've been reading my comments on here, you would know this special woman as "Trampy McTrampy." And she really is amazing with a fabulous, dark humor.  Since we both grew up in the same small town, we can loath the previous jerks and laugh at the "She's now doing WHAT?!" jokes together. She's brilliant and witty. Frankly, I don't know what I'd do without her. So to show my appreciation, her boyfriend and I scheduled a little surprise for her on her birthday last Friday.
What could be better than surprise birthday sushi? Nothing, that's what.
Around the time I first started working in news, I was lucky enough to be trained by another lovely lady. She is also from a small farm town in Central Illinois. And while I've only known her for about 5 years, we've become the best of friends. Since we are in similar fields, it's always good to have someone to rant about news stations these days. In fact, I helped videotape her wedding.
It's a photo of a photo, but it's one of my favorites
Now that I'm showing her wedding photo, I have to add that she's now married to a wonderful man. The two are our first couple friends. And we love it. Through thick and thin, we can always depend on these two. And you can bet that when the four of us are together, we are going to have fun.
Just the four of us
These two lovely ladies (and my mother) are probably the only things I miss in Central Illinois. But I also need to give credit to the amazing friendships I'm developed in Western Kentucky. While they may say other wise, I feel that something beautiful is growing.

So there are three beautiful women that I'm lucky enough to work with here. They are all amazing mothers and are so smart & strong. It's an understatement to say they have made the transition to a new place easy. Outside of an amazing job, I feel that I was meant to meet these ladies. In respect of their anonymity, I will keep it brief. But for the record, I love them like sisters.


While I said I would keep anonymity, I'm still going to post their photos. Just to show how beautiful they are.


I have to say, before all of this, I never knew how inspiring having friends could be. Due to my previously mentioned childhood, I grew a tough skin and became very reserved. But amazing people like my husband and these lovely ladies are working hard to pull me out of that shell.  It feels great & life couldn't be any better.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww Manda love you like a sister and can't wait to meet the girls when we come down in march!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are the best friend I could ever have asked for. *Pardon my use of prepositions at the end of sentences*

    It was so great to see you this last weekend. It was the best birthday I've had in years and only the second ever surprise!

    We'll be seeing you soon hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete