Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Archives: Knitting Together Some Goals & "Prince Caspian"

It's been a busy few days yet again. A lot of filling in for peeps. There was not much reading going on, but I was able to accomplish quite a few things. Including this adorable (and easy) baby beanie for MarthaLynn's baybay!

Simple Baby Beanie for MarthaLynn's future baybay!

Her little one is due about any day and I previously made some baby leg warmers, so why not add a matching beanie?

baby leg warmers for MarthaLynn Albritton Manterfield!

Knitting is a new hobby that I took up after moving down to Kentucky. And unlike most things in life, I seem to be decent at it! But it's not the only thing I've been up to since moving. And it's about time I actually post my goals/ attempted new hobbies. X's means it's done, /'s means half done.... and [ ]'s mean I'm failing at starting.

[X]-Start Knitting
[/]-Slim Down
[/]-Start A Blog
[ ]-Join A Charity Effort - DEFINITELY need to work on this!
[X]-Make Homemade Laundry Detergent
[/]Start On Some Apothecary-ing
[/] Get Back To Reading (Long List)
[ ]-One Day Combining Old Religious/Philosophy Notes With Commentary
[ ]-Try Some New Recipes

Many of you saw the making and the outcome of the homemade laundry detergent and had questions. Mostly: "Why?" My response, why not? All my political banter (ecological & healthier, etc) aside- but why start any hobby? For the thrill of it. Hobbies are fun, healthy, and a stimulating activity. 

But that's not all. There is also a joy in in setting and accomplishing a goal. Goals help you make it through a tough day and keep your head straight. And they help define you. Plus trying something new is refreshing!

That aside, I also finished up something else up: "Prince Caspian!"


Good overall, though it did not dazzle me for some reason. There's nothing much to say about the story line. I feel some things lacked enough, good, description. Frankly, reading it became a chore of finishing it. But hey, I got it done, right?

Filling in again tomorrow.. maybe I can start something new afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment